I never say No to a beetroot salad. These are my favorite since childhood! The texture is crunchy and the smell is divine. I would advise you to really take the effort of roasting the almonds, it really adds sooooo much flavour! This salad is perfect during winter: it will bring you lots of vitamins and nutriments.
I loved photograph this salad because it has such an unusual colour: deep ruby red. I chose a black background to make it pop even more. I used plates from Habitat: I discovered this website and instantly fell in love with it!
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 100mL freshly squeezed orange juice (approx. 2 small oranges)
- 3 table spoon olive oil
- 1 table spoon dijon mustard
- a small handful of flacked almonds
- 1 raw amber beetroot
- 1 raw red beetroot (or 2 if you cannot find amber beetroot)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 orange peel and segmented, each segment halved
- a small handful of golden sultanas
- a small handful of dill, stems removed and torn into fronds
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Prepare the dressing by reducing the orange zest and juice over medium heat.
- Leave it to bubble gently until reduced by about half. Then leave it to coo.
- When cool, mix with the oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Toast the almonds in a pan over medium heat until lightly browned. Toss regularly to prevent them from burning.
- Put the salad ingredients in a bowl, reserving a few dill fronds and almonds to garnish
- Toss together with the dressing before transferring to a serving dish.
- Top with the reserved dill and almonds.